Safe First Training delivers Asbestos Awareness Training all over WA, we can come to you or you can come to us.
Recommended class size max is 10 pax although we can be flexible and even provide additional trainers for larger groups
Who is this course for?
Anyone who may come across asbestos containing material in their line of work including:
- Construction and mining workers
- Council workers
- Workers with ACM in their workplace
- Electricians; plumbers; carpenters and joiners; plasterers; painters and decorators; gas fitters; demolition workers; floor finishers
- Emergency services workers
- Workers who enter ceiling cavities (such as insulation installers; pest spray operators; air-conditioning installers; maintenance and repair workers; solar panel providers)
- Maintenance workers
Most people cannot tell whether building materials contain asbestos just by looking at them. Asbestos awareness training is essential for any worker in construction or related industries where asbestos containing materials (ACM) may be present. If you need to work in environments where asbestos may be present, attending this course will assist you to identify materials likely to contain asbestos, and teach you the safety requirements for working with asbestos.
With the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the risks posed by asbestos.
- Understand the OHS legislative requirements regarding asbestos management in the workplace.
- Recognise potential sources of asbestos in the workplace.
- Work safely in areas where asbestos containing materials are present.
- Knowing health effects of exposure to asbestos
This is a non-accredited training course. Students who complete this course will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training
- Face to face training conducted by experienced industry experts- this can also be delivered to groups remotely.
- On Site Training Available
- Distance Learning Available