Safe First Training delivers Demolition Training all over WA. We can come to you or you can come to us.
CPCCCM2009 Carry Out Basic Demolition
Who is this course for?
Anyone who is involved in class: one, two or three in demolition as per the Western Australia Regulations 3.114 to 3.128 and Australian Standard 2601-2001 The demolition of structures.
Safe First Training’s delivery of this course has been designed to suit the specific requirements associated with Worksafe Western Australia Licensing Requirements and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations of Western Australia.
This unit of competency specifies the skills and knowledge required remove components from single storey buildings and structures using basic demolition techniques. It includes the preparation of the site for the demolition process and the removal of components.
The unit is suitable for those with basic skills and knowledge undertaking routine work tasks under the direction of more experienced workers.
This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge:
- CPCCWHS2001 Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry.
- Duties of Care
- Australian Standard AS 2601: 1991
- Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and control methods.
- Hazardous Substances
- Respiratory Protection
- Demolition Methods
- Development of an understanding of the demolition Work Plan
- Western Australian Legislation; WA Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1995 Subdivision 7 Demolition
- Planning/preparing for basic demolition
- Prepare demolition site and equipment
- Remove building components
- Check and store tools and equipment
What does the course include?
The course is conducted by our experienced, knowledgeable trainers a combination of theory and practical components in a simulated work environment
Are there any pre requisite units?
CPCCWHS2001 Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry (delivered on day)
Safe First Training requires you to have as part of learning:
National Construction induction White card CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (or equivalent), evidence of completion is required in either a card or Statement of Attainment. If you do not hold this competency please contact us
Upon successful completion participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment and plastic wallet card
1 day (8 hours)
What do I need to bring?
- Lunch may be required. Please check if morning tea, tea/coffee is provided
- Work boots
Each student must:
- Basic level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English- or trainers must be advised if assistance is needed prior to course
- Provide identification
Recognised prior learning
A participant’s history of skills, study and experience can be taken into account. Documentary evidence and an interview will be required
How much does the course cost?
Please contact us with approx. numbers/dates and location and we can provide you with a quote for course costs.
Construction training fund rebate is available to eligible candidates- please see student information for more info
How do I enrol?
Please contact us and we can send out the enrolment forms and student handbook with more details about enrolment