Safe First Training delivers Remove Non-Friable Asbestos Training all over WA. We can come to you or you can come to us.
CPCCDE3014 Remove Non-Friable Asbestos
Recommended class size max is 10 pax although we can be flexible and even provide additional trainers for larger groups
Who is this course for?
Anyone who may come across asbestos containing material and is removing asbestos containing material. Worksafe accredited Restricted asbestos licence training is only applicable in Western Australia. States other than WA require the CPCCDE3014 Remove non-friable asbestos unit of competency in order to permit a worker to remove more than 10m² of non-friable asbestos. This is a nationally recognised certification enabling you to operate in States other than Western Australia.
It is also worth noting that the national certification has become a legal requirement for some subcontractors when removing asbestos in Western Australia, especially if you are:
- working on a site that is owned or controlled by the Federal Government
- working under a Federal Government awarded contract
- Working on site in the national Telecommunications Industry (i.e. NBN), or
- Operating in other states of Australia.
The training is useful to a range of different workers including
- Construction and mining workers
- Removing any amount of non-friable asbestos
- Telecommunication Industry workers
- Council workers
- Electricians; plumbers; carpenters and joiners; plasterers; painters and decorators; gas fitters; demolition workers; floor finishers
- Workers who enter ceiling cavities (such as insulation installers; pest spray operators; air-conditioning installers; maintenance and repair workers; solar panel providers)
- Maintenance workers
This unit of competency specifies the outcomes required to remove non-friable asbestos containing material (ACM).
It includes preparing, containing and removing non-friable ACM, and knowledge of decontamination and disposal requirements.
Site location will be a real workplace or simulated environment that may include domestic or commercial premises, a demolition site, a new worksite or an existing structure being renovated, extended, restored or maintained.
This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge too
- Contribute to and use asbestos documentation in line with regulatory requirements
- Prepare for asbestos removal
- Prepare asbestos removal area and site
- Carry out asbestos removal process
- Carry out decontamination
- Clean up work site
What does the course include?
The course is conducted by our experienced, knowledgeable trainers and a combination of theory and practical components in a simulated work environment
Are there any pre requisite units?
National Construction induction White card CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (or equivalent), evidence of completion is required in either a card or Statement of Attainment. If you do not hold this competency please contact us
Upon successful completion participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment and plastic wallet card
1 day (8 hours)
What do I need to bring?
- We supply all equipment/PPE necessary for you to undertake training
- Lunch may be required. Please check if morning tea, tea/coffee is provided
- Work boots
Each student must:
- Have basic level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Provide identification
Recognised prior learning
A participant’s history of skills, study and experience can be taken into account. Documentary evidence and an interview will be required
How much does the course cost?
Please contact us with approx. numbers/dates and location and we can provide you with a quote for course costs.
Construction training fund rebate is available to eligible candidates- please see student information for more info
How do I enrol?
Please contact us and we can send out the enrolment forms and student handbook with more details about enrolment