Safe First Training delivers Supervise Asbestos Removal Training all over WA. We can come to you or you can come to us.
CPCCDE4008 Supervise Asbestos Removal
Who is this course for?
This unit is designed for anyone who is an asbestos removal supervisor
Ensuring compliance with the asbestos removal control plan (ARCP) is central to the effective performance of the role. This includes ensuring and documenting that required air monitoring and other testing and certification processes are conducted by licensed asbestos assessors according to legislation.
It is also worth noting that the national certification has become a legal requirement for some subcontractors when removing/supervising asbestos removal in Western Australia, especially if you are:
- working on a site that is owned or controlled by the Federal Government
- working under a Federal Government awarded contract
- Working on site in the national Telecommunications Industry (i.e. NBN), or
- Operating in other states of Australia.
The training is useful to a range of different workers including
- Construction and mining workers
- Removing any amount of non-friable asbestos
- Telecommunication Industry workers
- Council workers
- Electricians; plumbers; carpenters and joiners; plasterers; painters and decorators; gas fitters; demolition workers; floor finishers
- Workers who enter ceiling cavities (such as insulation installers; pest spray operators; air-conditioning installers; maintenance and repair workers; solar panel providers)
- Maintenance workers
CPCCDE4008 Supervise asbestos removal can also be used to apply for a WA Restricted asbestos licence
Note: Applicants for a Restricted Asbestos Licence will be required to submit to Worksafe a written application form for a Restricted Asbestos Licence, pay an application fee and provide the evidence of ability to remove asbestos in a safe and proper manner. For more information, please see student info section
This unit of competency specifies the outcomes required to supervise the removal process for friable and non-friable asbestos containing material (ACM). The unit includes planning for and supervising the removal process, including preparing the work area and the work site, using safe and compliant removal practices, maintaining safety procedures, and supervising the decontamination and removal processes.
This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge too
- Plan supervision of asbestos removal.
- Oversee the preparation for asbestos removal.
- Supervise compliant testing.
- Supervise removal and decontamination processes.
What does the course include?
The course is conducted by our experienced, knowledgeable trainers and a combination of theory and practical components in a simulated work environment
Are there any pre requisite units?
Candidates wishing to supervise non-friable ACM removal must complete CPCCCDE3014 Remove non-friable asbestos.
Upon successful completion participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment and plastic wallet card
1 day (8 hours)
Please enquire about bundling this course with other asbestos training
What do I need to bring?
- We supply all equipment/PPE necessary for you to undertake training
- Lunch may be required. Please check if morning tea, tea/coffee is provided
- Work boots
Each student must:
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Supervisory experience/asbestos removal experience
- Provide identification
Recognised prior learning
A participant’s history of skills, study and experience can be taken into account. Documentary evidence and an interview will be required
How much does the course cost?
Please contact us with approx. numbers/dates and location and we can provide you with a quote for course costs.
Construction training fund rebate is available to eligible candidates- please see student information for more info
How do I enrol?
Please contact us and we can send out the enrolment forms and student handbook with more details about enrolment