Safe First Training delivers face to face Test And Tag Training all over metro and regional WA.
UEERL003 Conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord connected equipment and cord assemblies
We are flexible with your requirements – taking small onsite group bookings
Who is this course for?
Anyone who needs to be compliant in testing and tagging electrical equipment including WHS personnel for companies and general trades people.
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord connected equipment and cord assemblies.
It includes working safely, using portable appliance tester (PAT), identifying faults, applying tagging, arranging for repair of faulty equipment and complete testing documentation.
Safe First Training’s delivery of this course has been designed to suit the specific requirements associated with Worksafe Western Australia Licensing Requirements and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations of Western Australia.
This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge of:
- Electrical Theory
- Course pre requisite UEECD0007 Apply Work Health and Safety regulations, codes of practices in the workplace
- Circuit Protection and Safety
- Prepare to test cord connected apparatus and cord assemblies
- Test cord connected apparatus and cord assemblies
- Tag cord connected apparatus and cord assemblies and document testing activities
- Electrical Hazards Regulation and Standards AS/NZS:3760:2010
What does the course include?
The course is conducted by our experienced, knowledgeable trainers a combination of theory and practical components in a simulated work environment. Participants will have the opportunity to work on a selection of different PAT machines and are also encouraged to bring own machine (if they have one) so they can become failure with it
Are there any pre requisite units?
UEECD0007 Apply Work Health and Safety regulations, codes of practices in the workplace included in course. Pre learning material and assessment information will be given once enrolled
Upon successful completion participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment and plastic wallet card.
1/2 day (6 hours)
What do I need to bring?
- Please check if morning tea, tea/coffee is provided
- PAT machine if you have access to one
- Portable electrical appliance to test (tool/kettle/hairdryer)
- Closed in shoes
Each student must:
- Basic level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English- or trainers must be advised if assistance is needed
Recognised prior learning
A participant’s history of skills, study and experience can be taken into account. Documentary evidence and an interview will be required
How much does the course cost?
Please contact us with approx. numbers/dates and location and we can provide you with a quote for course costs.
“The CTF provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the CTF in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.”
How do I enrol?
Please contact us and we can send out the enrolment forms and student handbook with more details about enrolment