Need a White Card? Get your White Card Online with Safe First Training.
- Speak to real people who are experienced trainers
- User friendly
- No voice recordings
- Prompt service – no extra fee
Who is this course for?
The WA White Card course is a mandatory requirement for anyone who wants to work in the construction industry.
You must reside in Western Australia to complete this course with Safe First Training, evidence of this is required.
This unit of competency specifies the mandatory work health and safety training required prior to undertaking construction work. The unit requires the person to demonstrate personal awareness and knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others. It covers identifying and orally reporting common construction hazards, understanding basic risk control measures, and identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies. It also covers correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
Once your online assessment is received, we will contact you for your verbal assessment, usually with in 24 hours. If you need your white card for site ASAP please send us a message so we can ensure its priority.
This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge of:
- Identify health and safety legislative requirements of construction work.
- Identify construction hazards and risk control measures
- Identify health and safety communication and reporting processes.
- Identify incident and emergency response procedures.
What does the course include?
The course consists of online learning material and knowledge assessment. Students also must complete a verbal assessment with an assessor over a phone call and complete a PPE practical assessment via video or in person of them correctly fitting PPE
Are there any pre requisite units?
Upon successful completion participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment and a Western Australia White card
The amount of training, Safe First training expects a learner to formally engage with learning recourses provided by Safe First training for this unit CPCWHS1001 is around 4 hours for Online or face to face. Although it could range anywhere from 2-8 hours or longer depending on past experience and learning ability.
For online delivery this is self-paced and may be done over a period of days/weeks if the save and resume function is activated.
Each student must:
- Basic level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English- or trainers must be advised if assistance is needed
- Provide identification
- Have basic computer skills and access to internet/PC/phone/recording device(mobile phone)
- Have access to a hard hat/hearing protection/eye protection and hi viz vest
- Reside in Western Australia
How much does the course cost?