Safe First Training delivers Worksafe Accredited Restricted Asbestos Licence Training WSRAL001 all over WA. We can come to you or you can come to us.
Recommended class size max is 10 pax although we can be flexible and even provide additional trainers for larger groups
Who is this course for?
Anyone who may come across asbestos containing material and is removing asbestos containing material, also anyone who may be looking at getting their Restricted Asbestos licence in WA:
- Construction and mining workers
- Removing any amount of non-friable asbestos
- Applying for licence to remove more than 10sqm of bonded ACM
- Council workers
- Electricians; plumbers; carpenters and joiners; plasterers; painters and decorators; gas fitters; demolition workers; floor finishers
- Workers who enter ceiling cavities (such as insulation installers; pest spray operators; air-conditioning installers; maintenance and repair workers; solar panel providers)
- Maintenance workers
This course is Worksafe approved and is designed to be user friendly and provide knowledge necessary for all personnel who are required to carry out asbestos work involving bonded (non-friable) asbestos containing material.
Note: Applicants for a Restricted Asbestos Licence will be required to submit to Worksafe a written application form for a Restricted Asbestos Licence, pay an application fee and provide the evidence of ability to remove asbestos in a safe and proper manner. For more information, please see student info section
With the completion of this course, participants will be able to understand:
- Legislative framework
- Types and description of asbestos
- Asbestos uses and fibre sizes
- Health Risks and Risk Assessment
- Preparing a Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS)
- Select correct PPE
- Understand the setup of an asbestos site
- Removal, decontamination and Disposal of non-friable ACM
This is a Worksafe WA accredited course. Students who complete this course will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training
- Face to face or distance training conducted by experienced industry experts
What do I need to bring?
- We supply all equipment/PPE necessary for you to undertake training
- Please check if morning tea, tea/coffee is provided
Each student must:
- Have basic level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Provide identification
Recognised prior learning
A participant’s history of skills, study and experience can be taken into account. Documentary evidence and an interview will be required
How much does the course cost?
Please contact us with approx. numbers/dates and location and we can provide you with a quote for course costs.
Construction training fund rebate is available to eligible candidates- please see student information for more info
How do I enrol?
Please contact us and we can send out the enrolment forms and student handbook with more details about enrolment